What is Top 10 of 2012? It’s a fun-filled week where we look back at some of the best of “all things books” of 2012 and what books we’re looking forward to in 2013.
This event is hosted by: Fiktshun, A Life Bound by Books, Confessions of a Bookaholic, Two Chicks on Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads.
Top Ten Books I've Read in 2012:
(in no particular order)
1. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. I was so thrilled when I found out Cassandra Clare was going to be adding more to the Shadowhuner world, and I just fell in love with her Infernal Devices series! Clockwork Prince was even better then the first and I can not wait until the next book comes out!
2. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. Possibly, the best book I read all year. And as most of you know, that's SO hard for a book-lover to say. But honestly, it was. I was just slammed with emotion while reading this. If you can get past it's taboo subject, then you will understand what makes it so beyond worth your time.
3. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Oh JLA, JLA. My new favorite author of the year award has to go to you. I don't know how she does it, but Mrs. Armentrout spins out novels like they're going out of style, and she makes them AMAZING. Obsidian was the first book I read of hers and if you haven't met Daemon, well.... you most definitely should.
4.Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Set in the future, this dystopian novel will have you reading late until the night. When love is a disease and the government controls the cure, what side will you be on? Me? Oh, I'll be on Alex's.
5. Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Yep. JLA has two awesome series on my list. The Covenant is even more remarkable then the Lux series. Why? Well not because there's a lack of hot men (it IS JLA's work after all), but the story itself is so much fun you won't stop reading until you've turned the last page. And then you will beg for more!
6. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I'll admit it, I was iffy when I picked up this book. The title was just a little too iffy for me. But man, am I glad I read it. It was AWESOME. Extremely creepy, and full of dark vodoo, Anna's story will be one that stays with you!
7. If I Die by Rachel Vincent. Actually, can I just say the whole Soul Screamers series in general? This is one EPIC series. Beyond original, with real characters, you must read this book!
8. Finding Home by Lauren Baker & Bonnie Dee. This is one of those great "New Adult" novels. It's for mature adults only. And it tugged at my heart strings. I seriously fell in love with it. I could read it again and not get bored. It was that good.
9. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. Another fantastic debut author! This story has everything readers want: emotion, love, passion, and recklessness.
10. Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts. This is for those of you with a strong stomach. This book was intense, emotional, and basically could cause you to have a nervous breakdown. But in a good way.I can't even talk about it properly because it was too... too much. If that makes any sense. Just do yourself a favor and go read it!