Friday, June 28, 2013

"Die For Her" by Amy Plum

Series: Die For Me #2.5
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance/ Novella
Format: Kindle
Publication: Harper Teen on April 2, 2013
Cover Rating: 5/5 Stars

*WARNING: Spoilers lay ahead for past books in the series!*

From Goodreads: Set in the romantic and death-defying world of the international bestselling Die for Me trilogy, this digital original novella follows Jules, a brooding, immortal French artist who has fallen in love with his best friend’s girlfriend.

Jules Marchenoir is a revenant-an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save human lives. He’s spent the better part of the last century flirting his way through Paris, but when he met Kate Mercier, the heroine from Amy Plum’s Die for Me trilogy, he knew his afterlife had changed forever and he had found the love of his life. Until Kate fell for his best friend, Vincent. Now Jules is faced with an impossible decision: choosing between his loyal friend and a love truly worth dying for.

My Thoughts: First Reaction: I knew it! Okay, so maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I wasn't 100% sure of Jules' feelings for Kate. I knew there was something, but I wasn't sure just how far it went. He had us all fooled. The playful flirt. We should all have known better- he is an artist for crying out loud! My heart melts for you Jules, it really does. I'll admit it, I'm a sap for the love triangles. I know, I know. Everyone else hates them. Well, I don't care. I eat them up like their sugar coated strawberries double dipped in chocolate!  But honestly, I'm not sure that we can call this a love triangle...yet. Because Kate is doing a damn good job of being oblivious to Jules' feelings. However, we all seen that facade cracking in book two, so there's still that potential.

I haven't actually talked about the novella though yet, have I? My bad. Would I recommend you read this? Probably. If you didn't it's probably not going to slay you come time to read book three. But I loved it. I loved getting inside Jules' head and finding out all these secrets that he's been harboring and just who he really is. It definitely quenched all my suspicions. Amy also does a good job of not dragging us through the past two books all over again. She just does this magnificent thing we're she highlights the important bits, but from Jules perspective. So while we're not actually getting a new story, we are getting a new view point of it. I thought it was definitely worth the time and money to read this, and I suggest you do the same.

My Rating:

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.