Monday, March 5, 2012

Quotation Monday

Quotation Monday is something I've come up with to share some of my favorite quotes from really great novels, movies, lyrics, etc.

Today's quote comes from Gayle Forman's novel If I Stay:

"If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it would be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that, if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay."

Why I love it: If you haven't read this book, stop what you're doing right now. Right this second. Now go to your library, amazon, or local bookstore and buy it. You will probably need to buy a box of tissues (or three) while you're at it. It's one of those once in a life time stories that touch you and breath life into you. It's painful, raw, and true. The reason I chose this quote is because it speaks of the volumes of love Adam has for Mia. He would do anything for her, even leave her if that's what she wants. He just wants her to live. 
Unselfish Acts of Love= Win.

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.