Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Honestly, I skip my classes all the time to read a book that I just can't put down (really, why should I take health again in college when I distinctly remember taking it in high-school?). So, I'm going to do this as top ten books with yummy guys I would play hooky for (because, let's face it, fictional boys are so worth skipping class for):
1. Chris from Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. Okay, before you get completely grossed out, hear me out: Tall, blonde, broody, intelligent guy with a dark secret past? Um... yes, please! So it was written in 1979, and yeah there's some major ick factors going on, but truly this book is amazing. This Gothic tale had me up until the wee hours of the morning in junior high trying to find out what was going to happen to the Dollanger siblings. Needless to say, I ended up missing homeroom that day. I've read this book at least once every year since then and it still remains one of my favorites.
2. Adam from If I Stay by Gale Forman. With her life hanging on the line, the only thing Mia can do is watch as everyone she knows and loves begs her to stay in the world and live... even though she may not have much to live for anymore. This is one of those novels that will have you an emotional mess by the end of it and so distraught you don't know what to do. I just skipped school because I was too depressed to do anything else but finish it. It is a simply amazing story of life and what we ask others for. Another one day read that I cried for weeks over.
3. Daemon from Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. There's just something about an arrogantly hot alien that makes you beg to stay home from school/ work. Jennifer L. Armentrout is a freaking genius when it comes to writing, and you will not be disappointed when you met her main character Daemon in Obsidian. Yu-mmm-yyyy.
4. Travis from Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. I was never one for contemporary romance, that is, until I met Travis and my whole world turned upside down. This was another one of those books that I stayed in bed
with Travis reading all day long with. The college atmosphere was perfect in the book, I actually felt like I was there! (Which, I wasn't but probably should have been at my college).
5.Really, any one of the male characters from Vampire Academy would have me skipping class in a heart beat: Christian, ADRIAN, Dimitri... you get my point. Not to mention Rose Hathaways bad-ass skills may come in handy if you should run across a strigoi- much more important to learn than algebra.
6. Seth from Wicked Lovely. Piercings AND he lives in a train cart? Definitely the kind of guy I would be caught skipping class with. And hey, if we get in trouble he was just protecting me from the crazy fairies that have swamped the streets!
7. Aiden from Pure. What can I say? Jennifer L. Armentrout knows how to create my perfect fictional boyfriend. I'm sure he could teach me Greek instead of me drooling in my French class all afternoon. This second book in the Covenant Series was so WONDERFUL. I read it in 5 hours straight. I didn't bother with silly things like food, or water. Who would when Aiden is around?
8. Will from The Ghost and the Goth. I could totally skip science to help Will get rid of Alona! So, I have a thing for guys with piercings... I can't help myself. This was a light romantic comedy that I found helped when I needed some "aww moments" and giggles. Plus, the plot was good and had me guessing up until the very end!
9. Jace from City of Bones. This shadowhunter can come kidnap me anytime and I promise I won't cry about missing class! This book was so intriguing when I first read- the world building was just incredible. Cassandra Clare has an imagination that you can dive into and not come up for air for hours.
10. Finally, and certainly not least, ERIC NORTHMAN from True Blood (Sookie Stackhouse #4). Really, is there anything left to say? Viking god ERIC NORTHMAN should be enough. Forget skipping school, no one would ever hear from again! And in book 4 he certainly makes things interesting! Definitely worth skipping work to read this one.
So that's all for now guys! Leave me a comment with your links so I can check out your top ten picks!