Top 5 Best of 2012 first Quarter Blog Hop is being hosted by My Reading Addiction! This blog hop is all about the top 5 books we've read this far in 2012.
So far, I've read 34 books since January. So many of the books I have picked up this year have honestly been 5 star quality. Alas, there can only be 5 though! So here's my TOP picks so far from this year:
1. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This was my very first into to Mrs. Armentrout's fantastic writing skills, and boy, was I NOT disappointed! I devoured
Daemon this book!
2. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. Talk about amazing, this book had me crying well past midnight reading it. A gut wrenching story, this book is definitely not for everyone, but if you can handle it, it is beyond worthy of your time!
3. The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa. I just recently started this series in the last two weeks, and while I really enjoyed the first one, the second book blew me away! It wonderful and I really think the writer found her niche in this one!
4. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. Reading about Shadowhunters will almost guarantee you a great read (as long as it's by Cassandra Clare). This sequel to The Infernal Devices had me flipping pages all day long.
5. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan. I have to say, this last book in the trilogy has to have been my favorite. I was weary when I first picked them up and found out that each book contained a new narrator, but I loved it. This last book was fantastic and well deserving in my Top 5.
And there's my Top 5! It was hard to choose and some of them came really close! What are your top 5 that you've read this year?!