Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This weeks topic is one of my favorites! I adore quotes and actually have a notebook filled with them that I've kept since I was 16 (that was 8 years ago!).
1. "...but whatever came she had resolved never again to belong to another than herself."- Kate Chopin, The Awakening.
2. "Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same thing through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs. Maybe there was a glitch in my brain."- Stephenie Meyer; Twilight.
3. "I'm not frightened, I'm not frightened of anything. The more I suffer, the more I love. Danger will only increase my love. It will sharpen it, forgive its vice. I will be the only angel you need. You will leave life even more beautiful than you entered it. Heaven will take you back and look at you and say: 'Only one thing can make a soul complete, and that thing is love'."- Bernhard Schlink; The Reader.
4. "You love me, real or not real?"
I tell him, "Real".- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
5. "If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But, if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay."- Gayle Foreman, If you Stay.
6. "Catherine Ernshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living. You said I killed you- haunt me then. The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe- I know that ghosts have wondered the earth. Be with me always- take any form- drive me mad. Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights.
7. "It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live."- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter.
8. "I grabbed my book and opened it up. I wanted to smell it. Heck, I wanted to kiss it. Yes, kiss it. That's right, I am a book kisser. Maybe that's kind of perverted, or maybe it's just romantic and highly intelligent."- Sherman Alexie, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.
9. "Everything has to evolve or else it perishes."- John Knowles, A Separate Peace
10. "You're right. I shouldn't have bothered! Turns out love isn't enough after all. It doesn't make men out of animals, or turn cowards into heroes, or make spoilt little girls grow up!"- Ted Naifeh, Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things.