Friday, July 27, 2012

"Easy" by Tammara Webber

Title: Easy

By: Tammara Webber

Format: Kindle
Genre: New Adult/ Romance
Cover Rating: 5/5 (Seriously, have you seen that guy?!)


From Goodreads: When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.


My Thoughts: I loved this book! I read it in one day and it was a fantastic refreshing read. I love this new genre of college students that has taken the book world by storm. It's so nice for the writing community to acknowledge that college is just as important, if not more so, then high-school. That's when you're truly finding out who you are. So it's great to get some relate-able characters for a change. And Tammara Webber really captures the collegiate life-style. Seriously, I felt like I was back on campus (and I totally longed for it). 

Jacqueline is a fantastic heroine, as well. She's intriguing and her relationship with Lucas is addictive. Speaking of which... Lucas has to be one of the MOST hottest fictional characters I've ran across in a while! He's mysterious with all of these layers of chivalry, standoffish-ness and vulnerability mixed in. And did I mention he has a lip ring and tattoos? Yeah, I pretty much melted. *Sigh* If only he were real...

Anyway, the plot is fantastic and gripping. Definitely keeps you in suspense of who Lucas really is and his past. Not to mention the fact that J has a complete psychotic stalker on her hands. I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to see what else Webber spins out!

My Rating:
 

1 comment

  1. Ok the cover is delicious! I love that the plot was griping..adding to my list as this was an awesome review cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.