Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Soul Screamers Kick Off!

Hi guys!

So I'm finally starting Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent. I know, I know- I should have done this a long time ago, but I'm making up for it now! Anyway, this week I'll be starting Volume One. Which looks like this:


However, for my reviews I'll be using the individual book covers, just so no one gets confused. But I highly recommend you buy the whole volume instead. I'm only on book 1 and I can't put it down!

So let's get started!
________________________________________________________________________________

Sneak Peak: "My Soul to Lose" by Rachel Vincent:

Series: Soul Screamers (#0.5)
Format: Paperback Volume 1
Genre: YA Paranormal
Cover Rating: 5/5 Stars

From Goodreads: It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.
Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.
She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....
My Thoughts: I started this series off with the prequel, which is something I usually try to avoid. However, this one sets up the story wonderfully! Kaylee is already cemented in my mind as a fantastic character who has some very horrific things happening to her. I imagine that as I continue with the series I may run into a few more of the characters from this story. At least, I hope to anyway. Lydia is too intriguing to leave behind and Emma is someone I will definitely want to keep up with.

Then there's this plot set-up. I want to know what is going on with Kaylee and her "panic-attacks"! Such an awesomely creeptastic and original story line! I can't wait to find out more. 

My Rating:


So for those of you that have read the series, what did you think about the prequel? Without giving anything away of course! Was it a "Yay" or a "Nay"?

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.