Monday, January 1, 2018

"Starlight Nights" by Stacey Kade

Series: 738 Days #2
Genre: New Adult
Publication: January 9, 2018
Format: Kindle
Cover Rating: 5/5 Stars

From Goodreads: At twenty-three, Calista Beckett is trying to overcome her early fame and fortune. The former savior of the world on Starlight is now a freshman at college--miles away from L.A. and her former existence. She sees it as her start to a new life, a normal life, one where she won't make the same mistakes she made before--a brush with heroin addiction and losing her freedom to her controlling mother, thanks to a court order.

Eric Stone played her older brother, Byron, on Starlight. But she's been in love with him pretty much since they kissed--her first kiss--while auditioning. When Eric shows up on campus out of the blue asking her to return to California for a role, Calista's struck immediately by two things: first, in spite of everything that's happened, she still feels something dangerous for him, and second, she's absolutely determined not to let him ruin her life again.

Only Eric's not giving up so easily.

My Thoughts: Let me just say, I love Stacey Kade! She's such an awesome author and if you're not reading her books or following her on social media you are missing out big time.

So basically, I have been waiting very impatiently on this novel for over a year! Stalking facebook posts, twitter, netgalley, etc. I fell head over heels for the first book, 738 Days (review found here), and from there I was seriously jonesing for more. So you can imagine how THRILLED I was when I opened my e-mail and found out I had received one of the ARC's! I may or may not have squealed and jumped up and down in delight.

I'm just going to be honest with you guys, I went into this book with really high hopes, and I was NOT disappointed! I was always curious about what went on with Calista and Eric and how they were turning out. What I really loved about this book is how flawed these characters are (especially Eric), and yet you can't help falling for them and rooting for them. You get angry at them and then you find yourself rooting for them.  Just like in the first novel, you get quickly sucked into this story and you are left turning the pages late into the night to find out what is going to happen between these people who really need each other. For me, friends to lovers is kind of hit or miss genre. It doesn't always feel real, but Stacey nailed it. The chemistry between Calista & Eric was electric and I loved their story!

Bottom Line: If Stacey Kade writes it, I'm reading it and recommending it!

My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.