Monday, June 11, 2018

"Starry Eyes" by Jenn Bennett

Genre: YA Contemporary
Format: Hardback
Publication: April 2018
Cover Rating: 5/5 Stars

From Goodreads: Ever since last year’s homecoming dance, best friends-turned-best enemies Zorie and Lennon have made an art of avoiding each other. It doesn’t hurt that their families are the modern day, Californian version of the Montagues and Capulets.

But when a group camping trip goes south, Zorie and Lennon find themselves stranded in the wilderness. Alone. Together.

What could go wrong?

With no one but each other for company, Zorie and Lennon have no choice but to hash out their issues via witty jabs and insults as they try to make their way to safety. But fighting each other while also fighting off the forces of nature makes getting out of the woods in one piece less and less likely.

And as the two travel deeper into Northern California’s rugged backcountry, secrets and hidden feelings surface. But can Zorie and Lennon’s rekindled connection survive out in the real world? Or was it just a result of the fresh forest air and the magic of the twinkling stars? 

My Thoughts: I loved, loved, LOVED this book! I'm not even sure where to begin with my gushing! The characters, the story, the chemistry, and the setting! It was all perfect. I was quickly sucked into it and I did not stop reading until I turned the last page. Finding the perfect YA contemporary book can be a bit tricky for me. Some of them are just way too cheesy and too much of a guilty pleasure for me. However, Starry Eyes was exactly what I wanted: a good summer adventure with some really well written romance!

The relationship between Zorie and Lennon is so intense and realistic, I feel like I know them now. I was so sad to finish this one because I knew I would be saying goodbye to them. I wanted more! Not only of Zorie and Lennon, but also their parents. And okay, yeah I wanted more of Lennon too because I wanted to go cradle robbing for him 😂

And while the chemistry was FIRE, my other favorite aspect of this book was the setting. I so badly wanted to go camping and just be out in the wilderness when I was reading this book. It made me remember the simple joy of being unplugged and just enjoying nature.

Bottom Line: If you love contemporary novels at all, READ THIS. Even if you're not a huge YA fan, I still highly suggest this one! It's definitely going on my favorites shelf.

My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.