Monday, February 27, 2012

Tuneage Tuesday


"Tuneage Tuesday" is where I will be posting some of my new favorite songs. Sometimes they'll be connected with a book or a series, and sometimes they're just stuck in my head randomly. Either way, new music is always good :]

This week's tune is: 
Where in the World are You by The Great Lake Swimmers


Where You've Heard It: Chances are, you probably haven't.

Why I Love It: In keeping with this weeks theme of disturbing, but powerful, truths I wanted to share this video. First, the main reason I love it so much is because it was recommend to me by one of my very best friends that passed away last year. Every single time I think of him, this song is playing in my head. It holds a strong tie to his memories What's so "disturbing" is he recommended me this song to me back in 2008 (he didn't pass until 2011). A part of me wonders if somewhere deep inside, he knew that I would need this song one day.  The lyrics say everything that you do when you lose someone in your life: you search for them, grasping at straws, to seek some part of them out in a world that they are no longer apart of. It speaks of the complete emptiness you find everywhere that you seek that person out in. It's terribly sad, but honest to it's core.
Now, what does it have to do with a book? Well, since I've been on such a "Forbidden" kick (see my last review), this song reminded me of it. There is a certain part in the book where this song came just floating back into my head  that I could see it being used if it was a scene in a movie. If you read the book (which you totally should if I haven't gushed about it enough), you may see what I mean.

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.