Saturday, July 6, 2013

"If I Should Die" by Amy Plum

Series: Die For Me #3
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publication: May 7, 2013 by HarperTeen
Format: Hardback; 405 pages
Cover Rating: 5/5 Stars

From Goodreads: I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?

My Thoughts: This book is just as beautiful as its cover! The plot, the setting, the romance, the complete badass heroine, Kate.... it's all amazing!

I'll admit, I've had my problems with final installments. They usually fall flat for me, or I find something missing, or I just in general pitch a fit because it doesn't end the way I want. But I can honestly say  Die For Me was the perfect ending to Kate & Vincent's world! Amy Plum just does such a wonderful job of making us feel like these characters are real, and that the Revenant world is possible! I love it. And can we just talk about Feminist Kate for a moment? YOU GO GIRL! She steps up to the plate where most MC's in the YA novels kind of cower in a corner and let their boyfriends be the superheroes. But Kate is completely different. She knows that you can't wait on your boyfriend to rescue you (even though yummy Vincent totally would). She knows that sometimes, you have to rescue yourself and everybody else- and she shows no fear doing it. She's epic and I adore her. Of course, I still love Vincent completely. He's quickly become my number one YA Book Boyfriend. I mean, for goodness sakes he whispers Pablo Neruda poetry in Kates ear at night when she falls asleep! IN FRENCH! Amy Plum has ruined me for my poor boyfriend (who doesn't even know who Neruda is, bless him).

This trilogy has everything you could ask for! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest you buy all the books (hardbacks of course, these covers are just too gorgeous not to be sitting on your shelf).

My Rating:
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.