Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
It's really hard to find "Best" Book to Movie Adaptations. However, they're are some out there that are actually better *GASP!* than the book. Rare, I know. But it happens. Let's take a look at some of the best before we get to the worst:
1. TrueBlood - AKA The Sookie Stackhouse Series.
Um.. what was I saying again? Oh, yeah. Right.
Eric TrueBlood. While the first few Sookie books were pretty epic, they quickly fell flat instantly. Luckily, HBO has made one awesome series out of it.
2. The Vampire Diaries. Again, another show that beats the books hands down. Sorry L.J. Smith. But book Elena is a total snob.
3. The Hobbit. Okay, so not as good as the book, but still pretty EPIC!
4. The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys.
Okay, probably not the most well known movie or book, but they should both definitely be on your TBR and Watch List!
5. The Reader.
Worst Movie Adaptations
1. Flowers in the Attic.
Seriously, I don't know of a worse book to movie adaptation. They completely screwed up the entire plot.
2. Twilight. I hate so say it, because I'm such a Twilight fanatic, or I was. But man, did Kristen Stewart just ruin Bella for me.
3. Queen of the Damned.
I can literally feel Anne Rice shiver whenever someone mentions this movie to her.
4. Beautiful Creatures.
I didn't really care for the book, but at least it was better than the movie.
And because I couldn't think of any more, Zack (my lovely boyfriend and sometimes guest reviewer) strongly suggested I put this one on here. He swears the movie was nothing like the book.