Monday, August 20, 2012

"Onyx" by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Onyx
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #2
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Format: Kindle
Cover Rating: 5/5 Stars (HELLO, look at Pepe Toth!)

From Goodreads: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

My Thoughts: Seriously, can JLA not write something awesome and amazing? Of course not. Onyx is no different from the rest of the works Armentrout spins out in that the quality is just as fantastic as her other novels.

I'm not gonna lie, I thought I was literally going to die waiting for this book to come out once I read Obsidian (Lux #1). And then Armentrout threw her fans a bone and gave us the novella Shadows (Lux #0.5). And I thought, "Well, maybe I can hold out for just a little longer." It was hard, near impossible, but I made it. And it was well worth the wait!

Armentrout steps up her game in Onyx and we get more in depth in the Lux universe. We learn more about the DOD and what their games are, and we also see Katy with some... shall we say, awesome kick-ass heroine-ness.

Oh, and what about Daemon you ask? Well... he's just as yummy as ever... except times ten! Seriously, JLA, did you have to write such a hot dude? I mean, my expectations are just out of this world now. My poor boyfriend can't keep up with Daemon AND Tod (see Rachel Vincents Soul Screamer series for this sexy reaper).

And speaking of Tod... one of the things I loved most about this book is how relate-able Katy is. I felt like she could have been me or one of my best friends (yeah, if we ever got lucky enough to score hot alien Daemon, that is). She's a book-blogger. Which is awesome, because we see a lot more of that in Onyx. It's strangely awesome to read about a geeky, book-blogger heroine. It felt like JLA was giving us the nod of "Hey, I'm an author and I know you guys are out there." And she was also giving props to Rachel Vincent's reaper guy Tod. It just made the whole book feel more real and sucked me into the Lux world.

Anyway, this is one series you do NOT want to miss out on! Trust me! And right now this book is on sale on Kindle for $4.79.

My Rating:  

1 comment

  1. Great review! I've heard so many great things about this book I feel like I'm dying just waiting to get my hands on this book.

    World of Books

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.