Monday, March 18, 2013

"Point of Retreat" by Colleen Hoover


Genre: New Adult
Series: Slammed #2
Format: Kindle
Publication: February 25, 2012
Cover Rating: 2/5 Stars

Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart.
Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.’

Told from Will's POV, "Point of Retreat" takes place almost a year later from the first novel, "Slammed". After facing monumental heartache in the last book, you would think Will and Layken would finally catch a break, but unfortunately for them, life always seems to get harder before it gets better.

Okay, so if I'm reading a New Adult book, it's usually because I wanna have "The Feels" (aka- being an extreme girl and overly emotional), and "Point of Retreat" has that and MORE. If you plan on reading these books, have a box of tissues ready. Seriously. I cried, I laughed, I sobbed. I also screamed at my Kindle and threatened it, but that may just be me.

What I really loved about this book was how amazing the characters are, the old and the new, and while there were times I thought Will was a tad bit overly emotional, I still fell in love with him as well. This is simply, just a beautiful love story about two young adults who are trying to thrive in life, despite the fact that life is almost making it impossible.

My Rating:


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.