Monday, April 15, 2013

"Deadlocked" by Charlaine Harris

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #12
Format: Paperback; 340 pages
Publication: March 26, 2013
Cover Rating: 3/5 Stars

From Goodreads: Felipe de Castro, the vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It’s the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s set out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.


My Thoughts: So, I was a little hesitant about reading this. I mean, I knew I would (I've gone this far, I'm not going back now! Plus, you know, Eric Northman and all my love for him), but I have to admit that the later Sookie books have just not been up to par with the earlier novels. HOWEVER, I do have to say I really enjoyed Deadlocked! Much more then what I thought I would. It has the feel of the earlier novels, and I found myself laughing at loud a lot. Plus, the mystery in this one was good as well (even though I had my suspensions about who the killer was).  Overall, I really enjoyed it and I thought it carried a lot of wit and interest. Especially for Eric's character <3 p="">
That being said, I am "happy" the series will be coming to an end in May. It's time. I hate to say goodbye to Eric Sookie, but if these series drags out any longer I think it will lose it's heart. I know I'm going to be bawling like a baby and desperately hoping Sookie will end up with who I want her to (Hm, I wonder who that is?! Haha) when I read the final book. If you haven't picked up this series yet, I HIGHLY recommend it. Seriously. The first books are beyond fantastic and original. Sookie is one of my all time favorite characters. And if you haven't seen the show, then WHY THE HECK NOT?! You are missing out on Eric/Alexander Skarsgard body! Don't worry, you can thank me later. Just remember: Eric's mine.

My Rating:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.