Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fright Fest Day 1: Welcome/ Your Favorite Horror Story!


Hi Everyone! Welcome to Day 1 of the Fright Fest Blog Hop!
If this is your first time here, please visit the signup page (found here) so you can be eligible to win all the awesome prizes that we're going to be giving away this month!

If you don't have a blog, don't fear! You can still participate by simply leaving your own "posts" in my comment section.

What's Your Favorite Horror Story and Why?


You can interpret today's topic any way you wish! Because I'm such a horror junkie, I'm choosing to do my post on my Top Favorite Short Story Horror Tales:

The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe
As a Poe fanatic (I mean, in case you couldn't tell, I know it's kind of hard to imagine), The Fall of the House of Usher has to be one of my most favorite creeptastic short stories ever written! 



A Rose for Emily by William Faulkner
Who could have ever imagined little old ladies to be so creepy? I read this story in high school, and it has stayed with me ever since. One of the most incredible bizarre, Gothic tales out there!


The Lottery by Shirley Jackson.
I think the root of my fear for small towns must have started here. Thanks Shirley Jackson. Thanks a lot.




Don't forget to Link Up! If you don't have a blog just put your name with the word (comment) beside it! 







Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.