Saturday, October 12, 2013

"Thoughtless" by S.C. Stephens

Series: Thoughtless #1
Genre: New Adult
Format: Kindle
Publication: 2009

From Goodreads: For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.

My Thoughts: I don't even know where to start! I loved, LOVED, this book! I stayed up all night (literally, it was 6:00 am when I finally put it down) reading it. I just couldn't stop. Is it flawless? No. There were definitely somethings I took issue with. I wasn't particularly fond of Kiera for one thing (I know, how can I love the book, but not the MC?). She made some really stupid decisions (over, and over, and over again) and she was also way too needy for my usual taste. Here's why I kept reading though: it was real to me. She felt like a realistic girl and I know all too well about being in that needy group of ladies who just can't seem to be independent no matter how hard they try. Also, it was 530 pages long. Don't get me wrong, I love reading lengthy novels, I do it often. But I felt like some of this could have been cut out. The author is very descriptive, which usually worked in her favor, but there were  scenes that could have been just as quickly summed up in a paragraph or left out all together- especially towards the end - that would have made the book flawless for me. Literally those are the only two reasons why I couldn't give this fantastic story five stars (because honestly, Kellan alone deserves five stars!)

Thoughtless was just this amazingly sweet new love story that I couldn't put down. I loved the chemistry between Kellan and Kiera. They were so different, and yet they were exactly what the other one needed. Then you have Denny who is just this fantastic, sweet, however naive, guy and it just becomes this emotional roller-coaster that you can't get off of. I also really enjoyed that I had no idea how it was all going to turn out. The author wasn't afraid to hurt the other characters, so I had no idea what kind of heartbreak I was getting myself into. But I loved it. I ate up every word and I just downloaded the second book to my Kindle to read next!


My Rating:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.