Sunday, November 4, 2012

"Partials" by Dan Wells

Genre: YA Dystopia
Publication: February 28, 2012 by HarperCollins
Format: Kindle
Cover Rating: 5/5 Stars
Goodreads Link: Partials

From Goodreads: The human race is all but extinct after a war with Partials--engineered organic beings identical to humans--has decimated the population. Reduced to only tens of thousands by RM, a weaponized virus to which only a fraction of humanity is immune, the survivors in North America have huddled together on Long Island while the Partials have mysteriously retreated. The threat of the Partials is still imminent, but, worse, no baby has been born immune to RM in more than a decade. Our time is running out.

Kira, a sixteen-year-old medic-in-training, is on the front lines of this battle, seeing RM ravage the community while mandatory pregnancy laws have pushed what's left of humanity to the brink of civil war, and she's not content to stand by and watch. But as she makes a desperate decision to save the last of her race, she will find that the survival of humans and Partials alike rests in her attempts to uncover the connections between them--connections that humanity has forgotten, or perhaps never even knew were there.

My Thoughts: W-O-W! Just WOW. I knew when I first heard about Partials that I was going to love it, I just had no idea how much! As a huge geek for all things Terminator/ John Connor, I was so excited to hear about this book! However, after reading Partials, I have to say that it stands on it's own. While the story does have similar attributes to the Terminator saga, it is completely unique and original in its plot. This story is not just about a war with machines, it's about how far we could allow a corrupt government to control our rights.

As far as the characters go... well, they were freaking awesome. I fell in love with Kira's badass-ness immediately, along with Samm's quite strength and compassion, and of course Marcus's sense of humor. Oh, how I LOVED Marcus and his humor! In a world filled with tension, Marcus knew exactly what to say to diffuse a situation. Well, usually. Unless he was trying to fix things with Kira and then he tended to be a guy about it.

 Dan Wells just spins out an amazing post apocalyptic story that will have you reading well past midnight. You do NOT want to miss out on this epic adventure! So, go to amazon and buy it for $2.99 for your Kindle! It is well worth that and more!

My Rating:

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


1 comment

  1. This is the first in the series, right? When it first came out, I wanted so badly to get my hands on it, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. I am so glad you loved it. I really need to hunt down a copy and read it. I know I will love this one. Happy reading!

    http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.