Friday, October 26, 2012

"Juliet Immortal" by Stacey Jay

Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Publication: August 9, 2011
Format: Paperback
Cover Rating: 4/5 Stars

From Goodreads: The most tragic love story in history . . .

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.

My Thoughts: Did you ever think Shakespeare's story was a little too unbelievable? Well then, Stacey Jay created a spin on the classic tale just for you. Juliet was deceived by her prince charming, Romeo, and now they battle against each other. Juliet for good and Romeo for evil. For each soul mate that exist Juliet must keep them together, while her Romeo tries to tear them apart. Except when Juliet is awoken for this last assignment everything is wrong. Nothing is going as planned, and even worse, Romeo is up to his old tricks and trying to convince her that she must love him once again... or die for good.

This story was everything I expected it to be and more! I finished it pretty much over one night and now I can't wait to get my hands on the companion novel Romeo Redeemed! What I really loved about this novel was how unique the plot was! I mean, there are probably a BILLION versions of Romeo & Juliet. So it seems a little impossible to create something that is so fresh you immediately fall in love with it, but Stacey Jay has done just that! It is truly a fantastic read, with wonderfully interesting characters! Definitely worth your time and money!

My Rating:
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


2 comments

  1. I've seen this around before but your review really makes me want to read it! Also, I love your Poe rating system. It's all kinds of amazing and made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I love it when I can persuade someone to read an awesome book that they're on the fence about!

      Delete

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.