Friday, October 19, 2012

Follow Friday #10


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. They ask a question, in which you answer on your own blog, and then you link back up with them. After you post, you can go back to the other links to discover new blogs and friends!

*Feel free to follow me in one or any of the available networks on the right of my sidebar. Let me know in a comment how you are following me and put in your own blog link so I can follow you back in the same way(s)!*

Q: When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?

Hmmm, this is a hard question for me! My usual genre is paranormal-romance. However, I read EVERYTHING. Literally. From auto-biographies to cook books to children's fantasy to comic books to horror to science fiction to mystery. But here's some highlights from my favorite genres:

Horror- Pet Sematary by Stephen King
Comics- Courtney Crumrin & the Night Things
Mystery- Into the Woods by Tana French
Gothic Lit/ Creeptastic- Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
Classics: Wuthering Heights or Jane Eyre

What about you?

9 comments

  1. Good picks!

    I'm a science fiction junkie myself! PNR and steamy romance is what I read out of my genre! :)

    New follow via GFC.

    Julie~ New Adult Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same as you are - I read EVERYTHING. Oh, I love Wuthering Heights too!

    New follower! My FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to think that I read everything...but I don't. New follower.You can see my FF here: http://contagiousreads.blogspot.com/2012/10/ff-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same, I read EVERYTHING! I can't stand reading one genre for a long time because then all the books seem to blend together! :)

    new follower!

    my FF: http://katmuntser-reviews.blogspot.com/2012/10/follow-friday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you read everything. I love mainly fantasy and sci-fi right now but do read different genres from time to time :)

    New follower via GFC :)
    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way. I read lots of stuff from almost any genre, but I just focus in on certain genres I like best. :D New follower via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit of a genre hopper myself so this was a hard question!

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's awesome that you read so broadly :-)

    Old follower.

    Christina@ Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nice! I totally support the read Everything phenomenon!! Lol.
    Nice rating system btw! ;)

    New follower!
    My post - F&F

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.