Thursday, June 6, 2013

"Dead Ever After" by Charlaine Harris

Genre: Paranormal Romance (Adult)
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #13
Format: Hardback, 338 pages
Publication: May 7, 2013 by Ace
Cover Rating: 4/5 Stars

From Goodreads: Sookie Stackhouse finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte’s. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance…and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated.

Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.

But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she’ll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough...

My Thoughts: Meh. The Sookie Stackhouse world should have ended long ago, but Charlaine Harris rode this piggy bank until her fans started demanding she stop. There's really not a lot to say. If you've read this far into the TrueBlood verse then you probably did it for the same reasons I did- because we've just come too damn far to not know what happens to Sookie- and you probably had low expectations of it. The plot was predictable, rushed, and the characters were just ridiculous. It's like Mrs. Harris just said "Oh, screw it. I'm not even going to stick to their fundamental personality traits in this one!" But if I started listing all of the things wrong with this book, we'd be here all day. Instead, why I don't just tell you what I LIKED about it:


  • Closure. We get it (thank goodness, because then I'd really just be pissed). We found out who Sookie finally ends up with.
  • Who Sookie FINALLY ends up with. While I absolutely LOATHE the way this relationship was played out, I 100% agree with who Mrs. Harris picked for Sookie. I knew from book one who she should end up with, even if I wasn't his biggest fan.
Overall would I still recommend the series? Eh. Doubtful. I'd probably just tell them to watch the show on HBO. It's ten times better and you don't have to deal with Charlaine Harris dragging (and whoring)  Sookie through 13 books. 

My Rating:


PhotobucketPhotobucket

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.