Monday, September 2, 2013

"Shadow Bound" by Rachel Vincent

Series: Unbound #2
Genre: Urban Fantasy/ Paranormal Romance
Format: Paperback; 439 Pages
Publication: May 22nd 2012 by Mira
Cover Rating: 4/5 Stars

From Goodreads: If you live in the dark long enough, you begin to forget the light... 

Kori Daniels is a shadow-walker, able to travel instantly from one shadow to another. After weeks of confinement for betraying her boss, she's ready to break free of the Tower syndicate for good. But Jake Tower has one final job for Kori, one chance to secure freedom for herself and her sister, Kenley, even if it means taking it from someone else.... 

The job? Recruit Ian Holt-or kill him. 

Ian's ability to manipulate the dark has drawn interest from every syndicate in the world, most notably an invitation from Jake Tower. Though he has no interest in organized crime, Ian accepts the invite, because he's on a mission of his own. Ian has come to kill Tower's top Binder: Kori's little sister. 

Amid the tangle of lies, an unexpected thread of truth connecting Ian and Kori comes to light. But with opposing goals, they'll have to choose between love and liberty...

My Thoughts: This series is just awesome!!! Rachel Vincent can write just about anything now and I'm going to be hardcore fangirling. I'm not going to lie, when I found out this novel was NOT told in the original characters POV, I was super pissed. But, Rachel didn't let me down! If possible, I feel even more in love with Kori and Ian than I ever did with Cam and Liv.

Where Liv's life wasn't exactly easy, it had nothing on the life Kori has had to lead. I was absolutely obsessed with Kori as a character, she was disturbing and amazingly strong, and I was truly saddened by all that she had to go through. We also get a huge look into the evil Tower syndicate (and trust me when I say he is evil- much more so than Cavazos). And while yes, this book has it's romance too, I think the story is really starting to shift into that Urban Fantasy genre where we get to the grittyness of the life these characters lead and how they are going to overcome it. I can't wait to read the next installment!

My Rating:


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.