Thursday, October 30, 2014

Yummtastic Recipe: Special K Chicken!

As part of the new blog "make-over" I've decided to feature some of my favorite recipes! Since I still consider myself a beginner in this area, I'd love for you to post some of your own favorites as well! The Rainey household could definitely use some variety in the kitchen!



Today's recipe comes from my Mom. Well, technically she got the idea from a friend of hers and modified it. It's by far my favorite thing to eat and I could probably have it every day. Seriously.

Name: Special K Chicken
Level: Easy
Prep + Cook Time: One Hour
Ingredients: Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Butter, & Special K Cereal

Prep: 
1. Set aside one glass casserole pan and two medium sized mixing bowls.
2. Melt 1/2 cup of butter in one mixing bowl. 
3. Pour a large amount of Special K cereal in your other mixing bowl (enough to coat each piece of chicken you have. I usually use one bag for every six pieces of chicken).
4. Crunch up Special K with your hands. It doesn't need to be fine, just small enough to layer on the chicken.
5. Dip each piece of chicken into the melted butter. Cover it in butter. I'm talking Paula Deen style.
6. Then dip the buttery chicken in the Special K, covering it completely top and bottom. I usually have to just grab a handful of cereal and hold it to the bottom as I place it in my glass pan.
7. Once you've coated all the pieces in Special K, you may want to just throw some more in the pan. Mine always ends up looking like a casserole at this point. Any extra butter you have left, sprinkle on top of the chicken.
8. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour depending on the size of the chicken.


Great Side Dishes: Suddenly Salad Bacon Ranch Pasta or Betty Crocker Au Gratin Potatoes.

Post a Comment

Please be aware this site is a SPOILER FREE zone unless otherwise stated in the review.

© Whimsically Bookish. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.